Chisago City, MN
Posted on Apr 7, 2022
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing financial expertise to support the business’s operations, protecting the assets and interests of Kendall Howard. Reporting to the Controller/CFO, this individual is responsible for timely and accurate financial reports completion of individual analytical projects. A strong candidate will be effective and efficient with time-management, detail-oriented, a team player, and enthusiastic about serving our customers and internal team! May serve as a mentor and evaluator of lower-level staff.
- Prepares timely, complete, and accurate monthly financial reports, to include calculation and posting of accruals, interest amortization, prepaid expenses, bank and other reconciliations, and budget variance analysis.
- Responsible for cash management and accurate and timely processing of all payables and other accounting documents and records, including coding of invoices, review of invoice coding by purchasing team, and/or entering invoices into the appropriate accounting software.
- Assists with preparation of year end budgets and monthly/quarterly reforecasts for assigned portfolio.
- Reviews and/or pulls daily bank activity and ensures correct application of cash receipts.
- Responsible for accurate billing and ongoing pricing review efforts.
- Completes sales tax filing when applicable.
- Prepares audit schedules and assists with audit questions, as necessary.
- Prepares interim and year-end audit and tax work papers.
- Prepare and file year end 1099’s.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience/Education, Position Demands
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S) in Accounting, Finance or related field from four-year college or university with a minimum of 2 years accounting, finance. Or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in manufacture and distribution.
- Prior experience Infor-Visual ERP system preferred.
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Communicate both horizontally and vertically throughout the organization to leverage internal resources as needed
- Enjoy creative solutions and pushing the boundaries while being analytical and data driven in all decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information in a clear, articulate, and accurate fashion
- Requires proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations including strong knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate figures such as percentages, discounts, interest, and commissions.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to conduct independent financial analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite Products). Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Ability to identify problems and take corrective action in varying and sometimes ambiguous circumstances and with limited information.
- Ability to follow directions and provide timely follow-up and follow-through on assigned tasks.
Job Types: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kendall Howard, LLC. is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies or agencies. Kendall Howard, LLC. does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.