Order Processing Specialist
Chisago City, MN
Posted on Jul 22, 2019
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. You want to use your powers for good, and that’s exactly what we do at Kendall Howard. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day within the technology industry.
Why work for Kendall Howard? Well, besides the normal (401K, competitive wages and benefits package for all full time employees, yada, yada, yada..) perks, we have some awesome other stuff! We have salon discounts (whoop, whoop), many potluck days (as in like I gained 5 lbs. from working here), holiday parties (who doesn’t like a reason to celebrate?), and why not forget the fantastic people (I mean we did write this awesome job description, so we have to be pretty cool right?).
Do you want to be part of a manufacturing, distribution business that continues to grow on top of record work levels, a history of investment into the business, and desires to be a world class business? Kendall Howard is looking for qualified Order Processing Specialist to join our growing team.
The Order Processing Specialist is responsible for the daily review and processing of all sales orders and accurately coordinates each order for shipping. This function serves a critical role in ensuring a smooth selling and fulfillment process. Works closely with other departments to get the orders released quickly and efficiently. The ideal team member will have high energy, likes working in a fast-paced environment, and can easily adapt to priority changes. If you are a strong communicator, great problem-solving, have solid analytical and critical thinking skill set along with adept organization skills we want to hear from you.
If this is not an accurate description of who you are, please do not apply—this position is not a good fit. If this is you, please read on.
- Review sales orders for standard requirements and for correct pricing.
- Assist customers via email, internet, and phone with questions on features/benefits of products, orders and assist with payments as needed.
- Enter customer orders into ERP system accurately.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Responds to customer when discrepancies exist.
- Coordinate with engineering department on revisions.
- Properly file POs in the computer filing system.
- Analyze reports for errors or exceptions.
- Responsible for releasing orders when product available and logistics confirmed.
- Assist with the compiling of information needed to release work to the shop floor.
- Keep sensitive customer or company information confidential.
- Interface with Sales, Operation Management, and logistics.
- Perform general clerical duties, including, but not limited to database entry, emailing, mailing, filing and answering telephones.
- Backup to Billing.
- Perform other duties within accounting department as assigned.
- All of these objectives must be carried out in a safe and appropriate manner while maintaining an acceptable level of quality and efficiency.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office a must.
- ERP system experience (Visual a plus)
- Familiarity with UPS, FedEx, USPS, and freight shipping.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a sales support, order administration, or other similar function.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM database program is required.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external contacts.
- Prior demonstration of a strong focus on customer service and a positive client experience.
- Strong business judgment with an ability to identify and independently resolve a variety of moderately complex challenges.
- The ability to work in a high volume, dynamic and fast paced environment making quick decisions under pressure.
- Demonstrated abilities and solid knowledge related to contract and order processing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate reliability and good attendance. Along with occasional overtime.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds on a daily basis.
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Criminal background check and drug screen required. This exciting opportunity begins immediately. After 3 month of employment, we offer a great benefits package, medical, dental, a paid holidays, and Paid Time Off accrual.
Kendall Howard is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Unsolicited resumes from recruiters will not be accepted, nor entitled to fees.